Are you having issues when troubleshooting your Honeywell Thermostat Vision Pro 8000? Fret not! We have for you an easy guide for your troubleshooting problems. Being a programmable thermostat, the Vision Pro 8000 can connect to your wi-fi, allowing you to navigate it via a touch screen display. You can automatically set it to your preferred temperature. In case problems arise, troubleshooting can really help identify and resolve these issues.
We’ll take you step-by-step through the whole process. By the time you’re done with this article, you’ll have no problems performing diagnostic troubleshooting on your Vision Pro 8000.
Read Also: Best Line Voltage Thermostats on The Market
If the display of your thermostat appears blank, just follow these simple guidelines:
- Firstly, check the circuit breaker. In case of a trip, reset it.
- Ensure the power of heating and cooling is on.
- Secure the furnace door close, the device will not work unless it is shut properly.
- Recheck and replace, if necessary, the AAA batteries of your device. The screen will display a LO BATT to alert you in case the battery power is down.
Unresponsive Heating or Cooling System
Another fairly easy problem to fix:
- Press System, set the device to Heat. The temperature you input should be higher than that of the room.
- The step for cooling is similar. Set to Cool in System settings. Again, the value you input should be lower than the internal temperature of the room.
- Firmly close the furnace. The circuit should also be functioning properly.
- The compressor protection timer may be switched on if screen displays Wait. In this case, we suggest waiting five minutes for the system to restart. If you hurry and keep pressing on the display, you may risk damaging the compressor.
Screen lock could be one of the reasons why your display is not responding to your touch. Follow these five simple steps to unlock your display:
- First, press and hold on to the center key until the screen changes.
- Use the arrow keys on the left to find the function of 0670.
- Use the arrow keys on the right to change the settings to 0.
- Once at 0, the screen will unlock.
- To complete and save your settings, press Done.
Red Light on Display
Don’t be alarmed, this is normal. Located in the upper right corner of the thermostat, a red LED light indicates when the Emergency Heat mode is on. During this mode, emergency heat cycles take place to maintain the overall temperature. The compressor is locked. If required, the second stage of heating through the auxiliary heat takes place.
In case, this mode is not activated, an alert is displayed on the screen. For more details about the Emergency Heat mode, go over the installation manual of the thermostat.
It may seem complicated initially, but with the right directions troubleshoot diagnose on the Honeywell Thermostat Vision Pro 8000 is fairly simple. We hope this guide helps you sort any issues you are facing with your thermostat.
Looking for the best alternative to the Honeywell Thermostat Vision Pro 8000?
Nest Learning Thermostat (3nd Gen)