Have you ever thought of how air contaminants are creeping inside your home? They’re not only making the air unpleasant to breathe but might also result in respiratory issues in the long run. Yikes!
This is why air purifiers are your best bet for achieving fresh and clean air. However, portable devices might not be suitable for every home, which is why this post will focus on the best wall-mounted air purifier.
We’ll review the top four air purifiers that you get your hands on, and also discuss how these wall-mounted versions can prove beneficial. Read on!
List of The 4 Best Wall-Mounted Air Purifiers
1. RabbitAir MinusA2 – Best Overall
We chose the RabbitAir MinusA2 as the all-rounder because of its highly efficient performance and smart operation. It comes with six filtration stages – a prefilter, medium, BioGS HEPA, activated carbon, negative ion, and a customized filter.
The BioGS HEPA filter can trap particles less than 0.1 microns in size, making it better than a regular HEPA filter. As far as the customized filter is concerned, you can choose between a toxin absorber, odor remover, germicidal filter, and a couple of other options.
This device also has several smart features. For instance, it will go into sleep mode as soon as the room becomes dark and go back to normal as morning comes. You can also control it with a remote. And the best part? This wall-mounted air purifier won’t become an eyesore, as you can customize it with different special edition designs.
- Covers 815 square feet
- Remote control
- BioGS HEPA filter is more effective
- Both options of mounting and stand-alone available
- Quiet operation
- Negative ion generator produces ozone
2. Medify MA-35 – Best Medical-Grade Air Purifier
Nothing can guarantee fresher and cleaner air than a medical-grade filter, which is exactly what the Medify MA-35 mountable air purifier has to offer. The model comes with an H13 filter, which is a medical-grade HEPA filter. It can remove 99.9% of the smallest particles that include viruses and bacteria. The MA-35 also comes with an active carbon filter that acts as a deodorizer by absorbing odors.
With a touch-panel for controls, this wall-mounted air purifier is incredibly easy to operate. It also has three fan settings along with convenient features like a child-lock and a filter replacement indicator. This super effective device will keep the air crispy clean by cleaning about 640 square feet in under thirty minutes. It might be costly for some people, but will prove to be a worthy investment, considering its lifetime warranty.
- Medical-grade H13 filter
- Touch controls
- Smart features such as child-lock and indicators
- Efficiently cleans 640 square feet
- Minimalistic design
Related: Best Medical-Grade Air Purifiers
3. Webetop WP-A6001 – Most Feature-Packed
If you want the best value for your money, the Webetop air purifier is your best bet. This super-affordable device is jam-packed with smart features that will prove super convenient and worth every buck.
With a six-stage filtration system that includes a HEPA & HESA filter and UV light, Webetop ensures it gets rids of every sort of contaminant. Plus, it comes with an auto-mode that adjusts fan speed according to the changing air quality in a room.
It also has additional sensors. For instance, the device accurately measures the room’s humidity and temperature and displays the data on its wide LCD screen. With remote control and extra quiet operation during the night, Webetop has every smart and convenient feature you could want from an air purifier.
- Six filtration stages
- Auto-mode and timer
- Humidity and temperature sensors
- Remote control
- Child lock
- Negative ion generator produces ozone
- Doesn’t have the best-looking design
4. GermGuardian GG1100W UVC Air Purifier – Most Affordable
If you want an affordable germ-killing machine that also reduces odors, the GermGuardian GG1100W can get it done. This super portable and compact wall pluggable air purifier doesn’t work like other devices. It comes with only one defense mechanism – a UV-C light.
The light from this bulb can kill germs such as mold, viruses, and bacteria by destroying their genetic code. So you may not be able to trap dust and pet dander as the GermGuardian doesn’t have filters, but you can effectively eliminate germs. Plus, it works well for removing all sorts of odors, whether it’s in your bathroom, kitchen, or living room. And unlike other wall-mounted devices, installing the GermGuardian is easy – just plug it into the wall socket and turn it on.
- Easy to install and use
- Effectively removes odors and germs
- Lightweight and compact design
- Very affordable
- Doesn’t filter out particulate matter such as dust
- Might be noisy
Related: Best Wall Plug-in Air Purifiers
Benefits of the Wall-Mounted Air Purifier
Why should you opt for a wall-mounted air purifier instead of a stand-alone model? Here are a few reasons:
- Safer Alternative: A wall-mounted air purifier is often a safer alternative for homes with children and pets. With stand-alone purifiers, anyone or anything can knock it over, causing damage to the device. Mounting it on the wall will keep it out of reach from children and pets and provide safe operation.
- Saves Space: These devices prove to be the best option for small homes. When space is tight, it can get difficult to find the ideal spot for an air purifier. This is because air purifiers need to be placed at an unobstructed location where they can take it and release air efficiently. Mounting the air purifier on an unused area of the wall is a genius way to save space while reaping all the benefits of the device.
- Install and Forget: If you want to move your furniture around, a stand-alone model can become a nuisance as you’ll have to find a new place to set it. On the other hand, a wall-mounted model is permanent – install it and forget it. You won’t have to worry about placement again.
- Lightweight Design: Since these devices are supposed to be hung up on a wall, they’re comparatively lightweight. This also means they’re much more compact as compared to stand-alone models so that anyone can easily pick it up and install it. No muscles needed!
- Aesthetics: While some models may prove to be an eyesore, most can blend in with your room quite easily. Plus, some brands even offer an aesthetic design for the front of the air purifier, such as the RabbitAir MinusA2.
With air pollution increasing all around the world, using air sanitization devices has become necessary for commercial and residential purposes. This is especially true for people living in urban areas, where the air is particularly low in quality.
But thanks to advancements in technology and the innovative designs of wall-mounted air purifiers, every home, whether big or small, can use them.