Loud sounds can affect our hearing ability and can result in health problems if we are exposed to them too often. Hearing impairments, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases are some common problems that can be associated with loud noises.
Beyond just being a nuisance, living in and around a noisy environment can affect our health in numerous ways that can require us to seek healthcare.
Though we cannot do much about outdoor noises, we can optimize our indoor environments to produce minimum noise while inside.
For your convenience, we have selected 6 of the best quiet humidifiers for homes. Our selection was based on the noise they produce, their performance, and their ease of use. We have selected humidifiers that produce less than 50 dB of noise. According to health professionals, any noise below 50 dB is safe for human ears.
Now without further ado, let us jump directly into the list.
- 1. Yaufey Dehumidifier for Homes – Best All Rounder
- 2. Tosot Dehumidifier – Editors’ Choice
- 3. Gocheer Dehumidifier for Homes – Budget Choice
- 4. Shinco Dehumidifier
- 5. Seat Ultra-Quiet Dehumidifier for Homes
- 6. Letsport Dehumidifier For Home
- Buyer’s Guide On Best Quiet Dehumidifiers for Homes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
1. Yaufey Dehumidifier for Homes – Best All Rounder
- Efficient: 8/10
- Portability: 8/10
- Easy To Clean: 7/10
- Easy To Use: 7/10
- Weight: 23.8 pounds
- Capacity: 4 gallons
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 8.2 x 18.9 inches
- Color: White
- Noise: Lower than 50 decibels
- Pints: 32.7 pints
This dehumidifier has a unique ability to operate quietly. You can use this dehumidifier even while sleeping, as it will not disturb your sleep. The noise level for this dehumidifier is below 50 decibels.
- This dehumidifier has an intelligent control system for ease of usage.
- Easy to move and carry because it is lightweight.
- This dehumidifier also has a washable air filter.
- You will get excellent area coverage with this dehumidifier.
- Automatic defrosting will allow you to clean the dehumidifier easily.
- It might leak water if you do not clean it after some time.
- Use may be challenging in colder temperatures, so defrost the dehumidifier for effective usage.
- Performance: This dehumidifier is an excellent product for your homes, offices, or your basement as it can cover a large area easily. The maximum coverage of this dehumidifier is 1,750 square feet, and it can remove 32.7 pints of moisture each day.
- Highly Portable: You will find moving this dehumidifier from one place to another to be fairly simple and hassle-free as it has built-in wheels and handles. As such, you will not have to carry and lift this dehumidifier from one room to another.
- Simple to Use: This dehumidifier has a simple design and control panel so that anybody with a basic understanding of technologies can use this machine. You can also use the automatic mode that controls the level of moisture in the air without need for further manual control.
- Easy Maintenance: Maintaining this dehumidifier is relatively easy as well, as it will defrost automatically when the frosting reaches a certain level. Inside this dehumidifier, you will also get removable and washable filters for your convenience.
2. Tosot Dehumidifier – Editors’ Choice
- Noise Efficient: 8/10
- Easy To Use: 8/10
- Easy To Clean: 8/10
- Comfort: 9/10
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 15 x 11.7 x 20.7 inches
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Capacity: 1 Gallon
- Noise: 48-52 decibels
- Pints: 20 pints
The quiet Tosot dehumidifier also has the unique characteristic of being energy efficient. You will save on electricity while using this dehumidifier as it has an energy star rating.
- Real-time monitoring ability to keep a check on the humidity
- Silent operation for your convenience
- Intelligent control panel for controlling the system automatically
- Safe and efficient
- Power outage restart
- Some users may find the drain plug to malfunction.
- The dehumidifier might leak if the connections are not sealed correctly.
- Noise Efficient: This dehumidifier is capable of operating at very low noise levels. There are three different operation settings: high, medium, and low. The noise level for these settings will be 52, 50, and 48 decibels, respectively. Due to this feature, you can even use this dehumidifier at night in your rooms.
- Simple to Use: This humidifier features a simple control panel. This touch panel has all controls and settings on it, and you can just select the setting you prefer. You will be able to monitor the humidity levels of the room in real-time with this dehumidifier. If you select the nonstop mode, the dehumidifier will keep on running regardless of the humidity.
- Easy To Clean: This dehumidifier has a spill-proof bucket with a capacity of 1 gallon. You can manually drain the bucket or connect a hose to drain the bucket. When the drain is full, the dehumidifier will make a beeping sound, and it is an indicator for you to empty the drain.
- High Performance: This dehumidifier will cover a large area of 1,500 square feet. This is enough coverage to dehumidify a large room or apartment. You can remove about 20 pints of water with this dehumidifier in 24 hours.
3. Gocheer Dehumidifier for Homes – Budget Choice
- Quiet Operation: 9/10
- Efficiency: 8/10
- Automatic: 8/10
- Compact: 9/10
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 14.96 x 10 x 7.01 inches
- Weight: 5.85 Gallons
- Capacity: 2,000 milliliters
- Noise: 40 decibels
- Pints: 30 pints
This dehumidifier can work for the whole day as it has a continuous mode of operation. This mode is made possible with the energy-saving design of this dehumidifier. This dehumidifier will only consume about 1.1 kWh of energy after running continuously for 24 hours.
- Ultra-quiet design so that you can sleep with ease
- Intelligent working mode for people who are not electronics-savvy
- Repels dampness in your home
- Compact and easy to carry from one place to another
- Easy to use as it has simple instructions and controls
- The coverage area is smaller in comparison to other dehumidifiers.
- Silent Operation: This dehumidifier operates very quietly as the noise level produced by this dehumidifier is less than 40 decibels. A noise level of 40 decibels is as low as a regular volume of conversation in your home.
- Automatic Operation: You can set the dehumidifier on automatic mode with just one button. The dehumidifier will shut down automatically when the water tank is full, indicating that you need to drain the water tank. There is also a red light to indicate that the water tank needs emptying.
- Effective: This dehumidifier can remove 1,000ml of water or moisture in a very fast manner. Your home or office will be a healthier place to live in if you remove the humidity from the air and any mold spores that come with it. The capacity of the water tank in this dehumidifier is about 2,000 ml.
- Compact And Portable: The size and design of this dehumidifier are compact and small. The coverage area of this dehumidifier is 480 square feet. Due to this, you can place this dehumidifier in the corner of your room or office.
- Powerful: 9/10
- Quiet: 8/10
- Easy to use: 8/10
- Convenient: 7/10
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.4 x 20.1 inches
- Weight: 28.7 pounds
- Capacity: 4 liters
- Noise: 48 decibels
- Pints: 30-60 pints
With the Shinco dehumidifier, it is expected that you can save up to 30% off the functioning cost of a regular dehumidifier. This dehumidifier has an energy-saving design, allowing it to consume less energy even when it is operated for a longer time.
- Silent operating design for your ease at night
- Can also be used to dry clothes if you need to dry wet clothes
- Energy-saving as it consumes 30% less energy than an average dehumidifier
- Simple to learn to operate
- This dehumidifier is powerful and quickly drains humidity
- It is convenient with its portable design
- Be careful regarding the frosting of water in the air filter.
- Some users might find it difficult to read and understand the instructions manual.
- Powerful: This dehumidifier can reduce humidity levels from 80% to 30%. On average, you can get 30 pints of water from this dehumidifier, and this number can go up to 60 pints if you use this dehumidifier on max settings.
- Quiet: This dehumidifier is ideal for use in the night while everyone’s asleep because the peak noise level from this dehumidifier will go no higher than 48 decibels. You will hardly notice the dehumidifier working, so it won’t bother you at all.
- Simple to use: You’ll find using this dehumidifier fairly easy and simple to deal with as it can automatically run for 24 hours. The dehumidifier will shut down on its own when the water tank is full. If you don’t want to drain the dehumidifier manually, you can select the continuous drainage method.
- Convenient: This Shinco dehumidifier is very convenient to use because if you experience a power outage, you will not have to reset the settings of the dehumidifier. It will return automatically to its previous settings. The LED screen on the control panel displays the current level of humidity.
- Noise Reduction: 8/10
- Performance: 8/10
- Easy To Use: 9/10
- Easy To Clean: 7/10
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 17.48 x 9.96 x 7.56 inches
- Weight: 4.7 pounds
- Capacity: 2,000 milliliters
- Noise: 40 decibels
- Pints: 40
This dehumidifier is among the best dehumidifiers in the market because of its compact and portable nature. This dehumidifier is fairly lightweight, with a weight of 4.7 pounds. You can carry this dehumidifier easily with the help of the handles on it.
- Ultra-quiet at night, and it won’t disturb your precious sleep.
- The energy-saving design of this dehumidifier will reduce your electricity consumption.
- Multiple modes of operation for your convenience
- You will find it easy to use because of its automatic controls.
- Easy to clean as it has a removable filter
- Great for smaller spaces but won’t be as effective over a large area due to its relatively smaller coverage and operating power.
- The dehumidifier might leak if you don’t drain its water tank, so be sure to empty the water tank whenever its LED light indicates for you to do so.
- Quiet: This dehumidifier works on ultra-quiet technology, due to which the noise level produced by it is just 40 decibels. This noise level is even less than the noise produced by a normal volume of conversation. The lack of a compressor in this dehumidifier will help you sleep and rest at night.
- Performance: You will not have to empty the water tank of this dehumidifier because of its exceptional capacity. You also get two working methods with this dehumidifier. One mode is a slow mode suitable for low humidity and the fast mode when humidity is high.
- Easy to use: The water tank in this dehumidifier has LED light indicators. You will know whether the tank is full or not when the light switches on. The effective area over which this dehumidifier can work efficiently is 510 square feet, which is large enough to cover a medium size room such as a living room or larger bedroom. The most suitable range of humidity is between 40% to 60%, and this dehumidifier will effectively keep your humidity levels in check within this range.
- Easy to clean: You will find this dehumidifier easy to clean and maintain because you also get a special dust cover with this dehumidifier. This dust cover will protect the air filters from impurities like dust and debris in the surrounding air when the dehumidifier is not being used.
- Quiet: 9/10
- Effective: 8/10
- Portable: 7/10
- Easy to clean: 8/10
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 15 inches
- Weight: 68 ounces
- Capacity: 4.3 pounds
- Noise: 40 decibels
- Pints: 20 pints
This dehumidifier will reduce the dampness in your room, offices, or basements. You will not experience any musty smell, water condensation, wet walls, whole-houses, or wet clothes if it is used regularly.
- This dehumidifier is super quiet, allowing you to sleep soundly at night.
- Highly effective at removing moisture from the air, and you will immediately feel the difference
- Compact and portable making it easier to carry
- Easy to clean due to the removable water tanker and air filters
- Easy to use because of the automatic control panel
- This dehumidifier can be a little small for some bigger rooms or basements due to its relatively smaller coverage and operating power.
- In hot weather, the dehumidifier may get hot due to the power supply.
- Super Quiet: You can peacefully sleep at night with this dehumidifier working in your room as it is super quiet. This dehumidifier does not have a compressor and has a decibel range of 40-45 decibels. If you have elderly and young children at home, then this can be a great dehumidifier for you.
- Effective: This dehumidifier will keep the humidity less than 45% so that you won’t feel irritated on humid days. This Letsport dehumidifier can easily extract about 1 liter of water daily. This dehumidifier has an effective range of 480 square feet, which is enough to cover a medium sized room.
- Portable: This dehumidifier is very lightweight and compact so that you can easily place this dehumidifier at all the spots in your room. The maximum range of area for coverage with this dehumidifier is 480 square feet. The weight of the dehumidifier is just 4.3 pounds, so it can be transported with ease when needed.
- Easy to clean: This dehumidifier will shut off automatically when the water tank is full. It will indicate that the water tank is full and that you need to drain it. The water tank has a capacity of 2,000 ml.
Buyer’s Guide On Best Quiet Dehumidifiers for Homes
One of the most important features that you might want to consider while selecting a dehumidifier is the amount of noise it produces. If you intend to use your dehumidifier at nighttime in a room in which you or your family will be sleeping, it is best to choose a dehumidifier that advertises a lower noise output.
If the dehumidifier you choose makes a lot of noise, you will either be trying to sleep through a lot of noise or just opt not to use it at nighttime, during which a lot of humidity can build up. Selecting a dehumidifier that has a noise level of fewer than 50 decibels is ideal for most people and most homes. A 40-50-decibel noise level is equal to the noise level of a normal conversation.
The performance of the dehumidifier is another element to consider when choosing an optimal dehumidifier. Your ideal dehumidifier should be effective at functioning over a good range of surface area.
The effective range for a good dehumidifier lies from 500 square feet to 1,500 square feet. An ideal dehumidifier also has a large capacity water tank so that you don’t have to drain it again and again.
Easy to Use
The majority of the best dehumidifiers available in the market have intelligent control systems. These systems will allow you to adjust the settings on the dehumidifier easily, and would also come with automatic functionalities.
A real-time monitoring feature will also show the humidity levels inside your room. Some dehumidifiers will also automatically shut down once your water tank is full.
In some dehumidifiers, you will get multiple modes of operation, out of which one mode might be for drying wet clothes by sucking out the moisture from clothes.
Easy to Clean
You must select a dehumidifier that is easy to clean because this will help you extend the product’s lifespan. Dehumidifiers that have removable air filters are easy to maintain.
Some advanced dehumidifiers also have defrosting technology where the dehumidifier will defrost automatically whenever the frost reaches a certain level.
A dehumidifier also helps you maintain your homes’ hygiene as it removes moisture and dampness from your home. Moisture and dampness are risk factors that can contribute to the growth of infectious mold and bacteria.
Related article: Can a Dehumidifier Dehydrate You
Frequently Asked Questions
Are whole-house dehumidifiers noisy?
The amount of noise created by a dehumidifier depends on its power levels. Dehumidifiers that consist of a motor and a compressor are generally much louder than dehumidifiers that don’t have a compressor.
Dehumidifiers with a noise output of lower than 50 decibels are considered to be quiet as they will not produce very much noise, allowing you to sleep peacefully if you wish to use the machine in your bedroom.
How loud should a dehumidifier be?
Dehumidifiers should not be very loud, because if they operate too loudly, then you will have problems sleeping or concentrating with the machine in the same room. Ideally, dehumidifiers should produce sound levels lower than 50 decibels. Any dehumidifiers creating noise greater than 50 decibels can be considered noisy and disturbing.
The best quiet dehumidifiers for homes are the ones that dehumidify your space while you are asleep and that won’t wake you up doing so. These dehumidifiers don’t make much noise because they don’t have a compressor in them. Due to this lack of a compressor, these dehumidifiers are also cost-effective and energy-saving. Even if you use them throughout the day, you can save a lot of money with these energy-saving models.
To recap, here are three of the best quiet dehumidifiers for homes out of the ones that we have selected:
The best option is the Yaufey Dehumidifier, as it has a unique ability to operate quietly. You can use this dehumidifier even while sleeping, as it will not disturb your sleep. The noise level for this dehumidifier is low, with a noise output of no greater than 50 decibels.
The Tosot Dehumidifier is another great choice. This dehumidifier will cover a massive area of 1500 square feet. You can remove about 20 pints of water with this dehumidifier in 24 hours.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Gocheer Dehumidifier, which offers great features at a very reasonable price point.