Best Air Purifiers with Permanent Washable Filter (2019 Review)
Are you searching for the best air purifier with a washable filter or the best air purifier with a permanent filter? There are many products on the market and while they all claim to be the best, they’re not made equal.
It’s a wise decision to invest in air purifiers with permanent washable filters. They’re reusable and can be very affordable in the long-run. You will not have to replace the filter every few months.
Let’s have a look at four of the best air purifiers with permanent washable filters.
Best Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filter: Comparison Chart
Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower
Envion Therapure TPP240
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner
Electrostatic Filter + Pre + Ionizer
HEPA-type + Photocatalyst+ UV light + Ionizer
HEPA + Carbon Pre + Ionizer
Pre + Foam + ifD
170 sq. ft.
500 sq. ft.
360 sq. ft.
250 sq. ft.
Dust: 100 Smoke: 110 Pollen: 132
Dust: 132 Smoke: 137 Pollen: 155
Dust: 243 Smoke: 232 Pollen: 246
Dust: 160 Smoke: 161 Pollen: 170
10.4 x 9.65 x 28.74
9.6 x 7.9 x 26.1
8.2 x 15.0 x 23.6
9.9 x 9.7 x 26.8
Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters: Best Powerful Filter
If you want a purifier that is powerful and also looks good then consider opting for Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters.
This tower-shaped filter comes with washable and permanent filters. It’s quite cost-effective in the long-run and is also easy to use as it lets you know when it’s time to wash the filters.
Other than this, the unit is also said to save energy as it is Energy Star certified and uses little electricity.
The filter is able to circulate and filter air 5x per hour. You will not have to worry about airborne particles and allergens with this unit working for you. The two filters work together to kill 99% airborne allergens – even particles as small as 0.3 microns. In fact, it’s said to be able to capture 18 times more pollutants than other similar options.
It offers three cleaning levels and comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
- Comes with an iFD filter
- Helps you save energy
- Is very easy to handle and maintain
- Has good oscillation controls
- Long warranty and highly durable
- Can improve how your room smells
- Does not come with a times
- Is not very effective against VOCs and germs
- May not be suitable for bigger rooms
- CADR ratings are not very impressive
Who Is It For? Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier can be a good option for mid-sized rooms. Choose it if you want your family to enjoy clean air.
Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier: Best For Big Rooms
If you want a filter that removes not just smoke and allergens but also chemical gases, odor, germs, mold, viruses, and bacteria then bring home the Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier.
It’s the strongest filter on the list, hence is quite suitable for big rooms as well (up to 500 sq. ft.)
This beauty is quite affordable as it comes with cleanable filters that remove the need to find a replacement every few months. It has a 240hour automatic timer that makes it quite efficient. Plus, it’s known to kill harmful VOC’s as well.
It comes with a one-year warranty and offers several running modes including night mode that makes the purifier emit low light.
- The digital display makes it easy to read
- Consumer little power
- Has dedicated UV light and ionizer switches
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Creates little to no noise
- The tower design makes it look attractive
- Not a true HYPA purifier
- Does not work very well against odors
- The Night Mode is not very efficient
Who Is It For? Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier is said to be suitable for users who have a big house.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon Filter : Best All-Rounder Filter
Winix 5502-2 can be a good option if you want a filter that covers a wide area and has a strong CADR rating. In fact, it has the best CDR rating among all our picks. Hence, it’s the safest option when it comes to air purifiers.
This beauty offers 3-stage filtration including a True HEPA filter, a carbon filter, and the latest PlasmaWave technology.
This all-rounder covers an area of 360 sq. ft. and captures 99.97% pollutants found in the air. It creates no harmful ozone and safely removes various kinds of impurities including allergens and chemical vapors.
- Comes with a simple yet detailed user manual.
- The indicator makes it easy to know air quality.
- Very easy to maintain and clean.
- Works exceptionally well and may even help get rid of skin conditions due to impurities.
- Looks very attractive.
- Might be a little too heavy for some users.
- The replacement filters are very costly.
- The Turbo setting may be too loud for some users.
Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer 250 sq. ft – Best to Reduce Allergens and Gases
Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer claims to capture 99.9% of particles in the air. For many, it’s the best air purifier with washable filter thanks the famous ifD filter it uses.
The purifier is designed for mid-sized rooms (250 sq. ft.) and comes with five clean settings.
It’s technologically advanced and looks very sleek as well. The unit has smart touchscreen controls that give it a unique look. It creates no noise and offers 2-12 hour automatic shut off function for added ease.
The unit is ARB Certified and complies with ozone emission limits. It’s also affordable as it helps save energy and comes with a 5-year warranty. Plus, you may also opt to add filters as you desire.
- Known to reduce harmful gases and microscopic allergens
- Looks very stylish
- Customization and different modes make it very easy to use
- Comes with a detailed user manual
- Replacement filters are very affordable
- Makes a lot of noise at max.
- Customer support is not very good.
Who is it For? Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer is for anyone who wants a clean environment with no odor. If you have pets then this beauty can be a very good choice as it reduces allergens.
Buyers Guide: How to Choose the Best Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filter
- HEPA filter (kills 99.97% pollutants)
- iFD filter (kills 99.99% pollutants)
- Area: This is of huge importance because the right purifier depends largely on the area. Calculate the size of the room and pick a purifier that can circulate and filter air about 5x per hour. A weak purifier will not be able to clean a big room. Our personal favorite is Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier as it’s suitable for 500 sq. ft. rooms. You may also opt to use two purifiers in a single room but that may add to the cost.
- CADR Rating: Shortened for Clean Air Delivery Rate, the ratings indicate how reliable a purifier is. The higher the rating, the better it is at cleaning specific contaminants. For example, look at “smoke” CADR rating to know how well a purifier can remove tobacco smoke. You may use this rating to compare different options. Our personal favorite is Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon Filter as it’s rated quite high.
- Size and Weight: This is of huge importance if you want a mobile purifier. While most units weight about 15 pounds, you may even be able to find purifiers under 5 pounds. Our go-to option would be Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters as it’s quite easy to move around.
- Environment: Consider the kind of pollutants and contaminants found in your surroundings when selecting a purifier. One purifier may not be able to fully eradicate all kinds of contaminants. For example, Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer 250 sq. ft can be a good choice if you have pets as this purifier can reduce the risk of allergens and also make the room smell fresh.
Other than this, make sure to pick a unit that’s under your budget, comes with a decent warranty, offers good customer service, and easy to use.
You may also like the video about how to clean reusable air filter: