Garages can contain a lot of moisture and humidity as many garages are cramped and limited in space. One of the primary reasons these garages have such high humidity levels is that they lack proper ventilation.
If you don’t want to relocate or reconstruct your garage, using a dehumidifier is a viable option. Ideally, the humidity levels in a garage should not exceed 45-50%. In this article, we introduce a number of well-recommended humidifiers for you to consider installing in your garage.
- 1. hOmeLabs Easy Star Energy Dehumidifier – Best Overall
- 2. Waykar Dehumidifier – Editors’ Pick
- 3. Yaufet Dehumidifier for Homes – Best Value
- 4. Gocheer Dehumidifier For Garages
- 5. Waykar Dehumidifier 9 Gallons
- 6. Kesnos Dehumidifier for Home and Basements
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
1. hOmeLabs Easy Star Energy Dehumidifier – Best Overall
- Moisture control: 10/10
- Drainage: 10/10
- Energy Efficiency: 9.5/10
- Convenience: 9.7/10
- Noise Levels: 9.6/10
- Capacity: 1.6 gallons, 60 pints
- Dimensions: 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Operation Mode: Continuous
- Color: White
- Area coverage: 4500 square feet
I suggest you use this dehumidifier if you are worried about high electricity bills. This dehumidifier will remove excess moisture from your garage almost immediately without digging a hole in your pocket.
- This dehumidifier has a very sturdy build.
- It has a large capacity to eliminate moisture from larger rooms.
- It has multiple modes of operation
- Easy to use drainage system.
- This dehumidifier produces minimal noise.
- This dehumidifier has a practical range limit of 4500 square feet.
- Customer care or support may be a little challenging to reach at times.
- Moisture control: I could control and operate this dehumidifier at multiple speeds and modes. When I wanted maximum moisture removal, I used its turbo mode. This turbo mode increases its fan speed and removes more moisture at a faster rate. You can set your desired moisture level with this dehumidifier. It controls moisture and maintains that level automatically.
- Energy efficiency: This dehumidifier has energy efficiency, which allows it to consume less electricity. The surface area range for this dehumidifier is 4500 square feet.
- Drainage: This dehumidifier also has a large 1.6-gallon tank. This allowed me to refill the tank less frequently. It also comes with a durable and sturdy drain hose that helps maintain a continuous drainage system.
- Convenience: This dehumidifier is ideal for garages. It has a built-in compressor that eliminates vapor from an enclosed space. I faced the problem of excess moisture in my garage. I could easily place this dehumidifier in the corner of my garage without it occupying much space and it dehumidified my garage space.
- Noise levels: The noise produced by this dehumidifier is very low, meaning that it could technically be used in a bedroom overnight. I could sleep peacefully at night with this dehumidifier working continuously. This dehumidifier has similar noise levels to a small pedestal fan.
2. Waykar Dehumidifier – Editors’ Pick
- Moisture control: 9.5/10
- Drainage: 9.2/10
- Energy Efficiency: 9.3/10
- Noise Levels:9.5/10
- Capacity: 0.66 gallons, 34 pints
- Dimensions:12.2*9*19.7 inches
- Weight: 35.9 pounds
- Operation Mode: Adjustable
- Color: White
- Area coverage: 2000 square feet
This humidifier has a unique, intelligent control system. With this system, you’ll just have to set your required humidity level, and this dehumidifier will run automatically to achieve that level.
- This dehumidifier has an intelligent control system.
- It is effective over a large surface area.
- You will find this dehumidifier to have a modern look with modern features.
- Decent capacity for holding water collected from a room.
- This dehumidifier has an energy-efficient design.
- The bucket capacity on this dehumidifier may not be ideal for larger spaces.
- Some users struggled a little with the drainage system.
- Moisture control: In my opinion, this dehumidifier is ideal for spaces such as basements, garages, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and so on. It can maintain humidity anywhere between 30% to 85%. This dehumidifier’s surface area coverage is a maximum of 2000 square feet. With this unit, I could set a desired moisture level for the garage and it would reach that level automatically.
- Energy efficiency: I found this dehumidifier useful from an economic point of view. It has an energy efficiency rating that indicates that it consumes less electricity. After installing this dehumidifier in my garage, I did not experience any massive difference in my electricity bills.
- Drainage: I found out that the moisture capacity of this dehumidifier is very functional. In 24 hours, this dehumidifier can collect about 0.66 gallons of moisture or 34 pints of water. There is also a continuous drain in this dehumidifier that automatically drains out collected water. I was able to drain this dehumidifier either manually or automatically.
- Convenience: This dehumidifier is designed for modern homes. It has a modern look and appeal. This dehumidifier has unique features for the elderly, such as 360° rotating wheels and lift-up handles for more effortless movement. I had no issues blending this dehumidifier with the decor of my house.
- Noise levels: I could sleep at night with this dehumidifier working correctly. The fan inside this dehumidifier doesn’t make any noise. Moreover, you can adjust the fan’s speed according to your needs. Many users testify that this dehumidifier makes less noise than their floor fans or air purifiers.
3. Yaufet Dehumidifier for Homes – Best Value
- Moisture control: 9.0/10
- Drainage: 8.8/10
- Energy Efficiency: 8.6/10
- Convenience: 8.7/10
- Noise Levels: 8.8/10
- Capacity: 32.7 pints
- Dimensions:12.2 x 8.2 x 18.9 inches
- Weight: 23.8 pounds
- Operation Mode: Sleep
- Color: White
- Area coverage: 1500 square feet
I liked this dehumidifier for my garage because it gave me multiple options to choose from. I could run this dehumidifier on regular or turbo speed to suit my current requirements.
- It is a powerful dehumidifier that can remove moisture quickly.
- This dehumidifier offers you multiple modes of operation.
- It has a unique low-noise design.
- Has an intelligent control panel for your convenience.
- Some people may find its water tank to be small.
- Large rooms and halls may not be apt for this dehumidifier.
- Moisture control: I could use this dehumidifier effectively over a surface area of 1500 square feet. It has a 32.7 pints water tank capacity, which is decent for a room or a garage. This dehumidifier gives you the power to control the moisture in the room according to your comfort.
- Energy efficiency: I found this feature to be very appealing. I could save some extra money with this dehumidifier as it consumes less electricity while switched on. Although I could not find any energy star rating on this dehumidifier, I still found it to be very energy efficient.
- Drainage: This dehumidifier is tough and sturdy. It includes a two-meter long hose for draining out collected water. It also gives option of either draining it manually or automatically.
- Convenience: In my experience, the intelligent control panel comes in handy. You will not have to handle multiple settings and modes. The dehumidifier automatically adjusts these settings and methods with the help of its sensors.
- Noise levels: I recommend you go for this dehumidifier if you suffer from any sleeping ailments or have any elderly at home. This dehumidifier has a low noise design that will reduce the noise levels to a minimal level. Due to this feature, you’ll not be disturbed while sleeping or studying. It makes less than 45 decibels of noise.
4. Gocheer Dehumidifier For Garages
- Moisture control: 8.5/10
- Drainage: 8.3/10
- Energy Efficiency: 8.5/10
- Convenience: 8.3/10
- Noise Levels: 8.4/10
- Capacity: 1000 ml/34 oz
- Dimensions: 15 x 10 x 7 inches
- Weight: 5.55 pounds
- Operation Mode: Continuous
- Color: White
- Area coverage: 480 square feet
The aspect that I liked about this dehumidifier is that it is the smallest yet amongst the dehumidifiers reviewed here, along with being intelligent and efficient. This dehumidifier will automatically shut down when its water tank is full.
- It has an energy-efficient design.
- This dehumidifier also works on ultra-quiet technology.
- It is a powerful dehumidifier for medium scale and small scale rooms.
- This dehumidifier is easy to use for all kinds of people.
- It has a continuous mode of operation.
- It might not be very effective in large rooms.
- This dehumidifier has a smaller water tank relative to certain other options.
- Moisture control: I found this dehumidifier to successfully remove all the extra moisture and humidity from my garage with its powerful compressor. It can effectively remove up to one liter of moisture per day. I was able to control the moisture levels of my garage with this feature.
- Energy efficiency: The device will allow you to save money and energy. This dehumidifier only has a consumption of 48 watts per hour. This energy consumption is far less than other large compressors and dehumidifiers.
- Drainage: You can operate this dehumidifier by clicking on a single button. I didn’t have to clean and change its water tank regularly because this dehumidifier indicates to you when the tank is about to reach its capacity.
- Convenience: In my experience, this dehumidifier is very lightweight and portable. I could easily lift it and keep it in different rooms when needed. The surface area over which this dehumidifier is effective is 480 square feet.
- Noise levels: This dehumidifier operates on a unique ultra-quiet technology. This technology operates this dehumidifier at a sound of fewer than 40 decibels. This sound is not annoying or disturbing, even when trying to sleep.
5. Waykar Dehumidifier 9 Gallons
- Moisture control: 8.0/10
- Drainage: 7.8/10
- Energy Efficiency: 7.9/10
- Convenience: 7.8/10
- Noise Levels: 7.9/10
- Capacity: 9 gallons, 70 pints
- Dimensions: 11.45 x 11.4 x 25.9 inches
- Weight: It is 30 pounds.
- Operation Mode: Continuous
- Color: White
- Area coverage: 4500 square feet
What struck me about this dehumidifier is that it has a very ergonomic design. It is carefully designed to complement modern homes with its modern look.
- This dehumidifier is effective in large rooms and spaces.
- I found the capacity of this dehumidifier to be excellent.
- The modernized look of this dehumidifier can be quite appealing.
- For a better user experience, it also has a smart control panel.
- It has a safe and secure design to ensure your safety.
- This dehumidifier might be a little too big for smaller garages.
- You will also find this dehumidifier to be a bit heavy due to its size.
- Moisture control: This dehumidifier has about 9 gallons or 70 pints of water tank capacity. This is good for holding all the excess moisture from a large room. I find this dehumidifier easy to control and adjust. I can just set my desired moisture level, and the dehumidifier will automatically work to gain that desired humidity level.
- Energy efficiency: I find this dehumidifier energy-saving as it only draws out 2.3 amps of current while running. This power consumption is not very much in comparison to other similar products.
- Drainage: In my opinion, the thing you’ll appreciate in this dehumidifier is that it has safety measures to prevent it from overheating. I was able to drain this dehumidifier automatically without any manual work. I even got a drainage hose with this dehumidifier.
- Convenience: This dehumidifier has a smart control panel that is very easy to interact with. This dehumidifier will not overflow because it has a special alarm to notify you when the water tank reaches its limit and is about to be filled.
- Noise levels: The noise level produced by this dehumidifier did not disturb me while sleeping, even though I am not a very sound sleeper. In my view, this dehumidifier produces a white noise that is soothing to the ears.
6. Kesnos Dehumidifier for Home and Basements
- Moisture control: 7.5/10
- Drainage: 7.6/10
- Energy Efficiency: 7.3/10
- Convenience: 7.4/10
- Noise Levels: 7.7/10
- Capacity: 34 pints
- Dimensions: 12.2*8.3*19.7 inches
- Weight: 25.6 pounds
- Operation Mode: Sleep
- Color: white
- Area coverage: 2500 square feet
One of the features of this dehumidifier that stood out to me was its automatic defrost feature so you don’t have to fix a dehumidifier when it’s freezing up. This feature allows the dehumidifier to automatically detect any ice formation within the unit.
- This dehumidifier has an automatic defrost feature.
- It also comes with an efficient drainage system.
- It is a powerful dehumidifier capable of removing excess moisture quickly.
- Effective over 2500 square feet.
- It can maintain humidity anywhere between 35%-85%.
- Some users were not satisfied with the instructions provided wit this dehumidifier.
- Moisture control: I find this dehumidifier apt for garages, effective over 2500 square feet. This dehumidifier may be capable of reduce the moisture level in your garage from 85% humidity to 30% humidity in a matter of a few minutes.
- Energy efficiency: This dehumidifier is highly energy efficient. The automatic humidity sensor in this dehumidifier will detect humidity and then switch on automatically.
- Drainage: I also received a drainage hose with this dehumidifier. You can connect this drainage hose to the dehumidifier and automatically drain it. This drainage hose is about two meters long.
- Convenience: I used this dehumidifier in my garage due to its compact size and portable design. You can relocate this dehumidifier from one room to another without needing to lift it.
- Noise levels: This dehumidifier only produces a noise level of 45 decibels at a low setting and produces a noise of 48 decibels at high settings.
In my opinion, an ideal dehumidifier for garages should have a powerful compressor with multiple moisture control levels. Relative to many other rooms in a house, there tends to be higher humidity in garages.
This humidity accumulation is mainly due to restricted space and ventilation in a garage. All dehumidifiers on the market have a digital feature that allows the user to set their desired moisture levels.
Since I had to test these dehumidifiers in my garage for long hours, I wanted something efficient yet helped me save on energy. All the devices listed in this article are excellent energy savers.
This feature will help you save extra money even if you keep your dehumidifier on constantly. This energy efficiency can be verified by an energy star certification that comes with some of these dehumidifiers.
I like hassle-free gadgets that are convenient to use, assemble, and maintain. Dehumidifiers mentioned above offer additional support items such as an intelligent control panel or drainage hose to enhance user experience. Additionally, all of the humidifiers in the above list have a portable design that adds to their convenience of use.
Related article: Best Dehumidifiers for Basement
A quality dehumidifier should have plenty of water tank capacity. This will prevent you from regularly checking whether the water tank needs to be drained.
Most of the dehumidifiers here have multiple modes of drainage. Either you can manually drain them, or instruct them to drain automatically.
If a humidifier is used constantly, we would likely want them to make as little noise as possible. All of the units listed in this article generate less than 50 decibels of noise.
Related article: Quiet Dehumidifiers for Homes
Frequently Asked Questions
What size dehumidifier do I need for my garage?
Ideally, a 50-pint dehumidifier is ideal for smaller spaces such as a garage. A 50-pint dehumidifier will work efficiently in very damp rooms up to 1500-2000 square feet.
Damper rooms that are either 2000-2500 square feet will be effectively dehumidified with a dehumidifer that supports larger spaces.
Which dehumidifier is best for a garage?
I found the Homelabs Easy Star Energy Dehumidifier best for my garage. It was energy efficient, able to quickly remove the moisture from my garage, and I could control my garage’s moisture level through simple button operations.
A damp garage can be a liability. It is not hygienic and can also ruin your belongings kept inside it. Dehumidifiers are powerful tools that work to actively reduce moisture in a room. In this article, we discussed a variety of the best dehumidifiers suitable for a garage area.
Let me highlight three of our favorite options as a final summary of this review:
The best option is the hOmeLabs Easy Star Energy Dehumidifier. This dehumidifier has strong energy efficiency, which helps it save on electricity. The surface area range for this dehumidifier is 4500 square feet.
The Waykar Dehumidifier For Garages is another great choice. This dehumidifier can maintain humidity anywhere between 30% to 85%. This dehumidifier’s surface area coverage is around 2000 square feet.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Yaufet Dehumidifier For Homes. It has a 32.7 pints water tank capacity, which is reasonable for a room or a garage. This dehumidifier gives you the power to control the moisture in a room according to your comfort. And all these features come at a very reasonable price point.
Related article: How To Heat a Garage For Free